Wish your skin looked younger forever? Looking younger is the prime wish every person lives by. But we cannot do much about the inevitable aging process. We all get visible lines on our face with time. Certain factors such as our choice of environment and lifestyle can cause our skin to age faster. Our genes are largely responsible for controlling when these changes start appearing.
You can’t avoid certain factors, like falling estrogen levels which lead to sagging skin or your genes. People usually become concerned about anti-aging care, when they first see signs of aging, like: fine lines, brown marks, crow’s-feet, smile lines.
The good news is that it’s never too late to respond. Nowadays, we have innumerable products and methods that help our skins look younger than they are. All you got to do to slow down the effects of aging is to take some preventive actions below:
1. Focus On What You Put In Your Body
Younger looking skin starts with what we put inside the body. After all, skin is our body’s largest organ. So diet directly affects how you change visibly.
What to do:
- Consume plenty of Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids. The best sources include olive oil, ground flaxseed and salmon.
- Drink at least 2-3 liters of water in a day.
- Avoid foods containing lots of sugar or other refined carbohydrates, as they can accelerate aging.
- Olive oil – It contains polyphenols, powerful antioxidants that help prevent age-related diseases.
- Nuts – Nuts are rich sources of unsaturated fats and have similar benefits as olive oil.
2. Halve Your Sun Exposure
UV exposure is the number one skin ager. Sun harms elastin causing loss of collagen, which translates to drooping, wrinkles and a lost jaw line. It also adds discoloration and rough texture.
What to do:
- Sun blocking – Use a broad spectrum sunscreen with sun protection factor (SPF), that is SPF 30 or higher and water-resistant. Spread it to your neck and ears while applying.
- Walk on the shady side of the street. You can really decrease your sun exposure with such little efforts.
- Exercise outside in the morning or late afternoon. Avoid sun between 10am and 4pm, when UV rays are the most powerful.
Wear clothes that are UV protected.
3. Choose Cosmetic Procedures That Also Help Skin Revive
A couple of skin products that are available in the market or from specialists or dermatologists can actually help revive cells. These products can’t turn the clock back forever, but these choices may slow down the rate that causes wrinkles.
What to do:
- Use natural formulations such as Anti aging moisturizer creams recommended by your Dermatologics. Natural ingredients like Matrixyl, DMAE, Hyaluronic acid and evening primrose oil stimulate collagen production and decrease the appearance of wrinkles.
- Applying peels can make your skin look brighter. This is because cell turnover grows slower as you age.
- Apply a facial moisturizer every day. Moisturizer traps water in our skin and gives it a more youthful appearance.
4. Anti-Aging Therapy
Refresh your skin using various anti-aging therapies which have turned out to be successful by reducing wrinkles, fine lines, dark spots and pigmentation from the skin. There are several treatments in the market today to get rid of these issues including chemical peeling, botox, injectable fillers, etc.
Even people having signs of premature skin aging can benefit from making changes in their lifestyle. Aging is a natural process and cannot be reversed but by following some of these tips, aging can be slowed down. If you haven’t tried any of these tips before, go for them, it’s never too late to get your hands on it. Try them and have a younger looking face in return. Eat a balanced diet, smile a lot and stay happy.
Emily Kristina is a skin expert by profession. She loves to share her knowledge and experience with people. She regularly contributes her write ups to health or skin care related websites and blogs with most of her writings based on tips for best anti aging skin treatment. In her free time she loves to travel, fashion shows and music.