“I am powerful. I am strong. I am perfect. I am whole.”
This is one of the affirmations I learned from Elliott Hulse, and since then it has changed the way I think of myself.
Have you ever wonder how many times a day do you compare yourself to the people standing next to you?
You go about your day, perhaps you go to your favorite place to get some coffee, and all of a sudden you notice the person sitting next to you.
This person is everything you always wanted to be and have, carefree, good looking and happy.
You begin to wonder how different your life would be, if you could be this person and you start wishing you could trade lives.
After a couple of minutes you find yourself feeling exhausted and with an empty feeling inside.
Your life doesn’t have to be this way.
There are a couple of strategies you can use to snap out of this self destructive behaviour that has become a habit, and that has become your paradigm.
If you are aware of how habits work, basically whatever you do in a consistent basis, becomes a habit. That includes everything from waking up early to the type of thoughts you have.
The only way to change a bad habit is by implementing a good habit into your life that will take up the space of the old habit.
“Only a habit can subdue another habit” -Og Mandino
This is where I want to introduce you to the power of affirmations.
What are affirmations?
Affirmations are, positive self-talk. It’s a statement about ourselves or our situation, phrased in the present tense as if the statement is already true.
Affirmations will help you overtake your negative thought patterns every time you see someone better looking, smarter, or anything better than you.
30 Affirmations that will revolutionize the way you think of yourself and others.
I collected the following affirmations from workshops and seminars I took with Tony Robbins, Elliott Hulse, Les Brown, Stephen Covey, Jim Rohn and many more.
Some were made by me for my own personal necessities. I really hope they help you.
1. I am whole, perfect, strong, powerful, loving, harmonious and happy!
2. Maximize and let it go. (Do whatever you can to improve yourself and let it go)
3. No person or circumstance will ever dictate how I feel about myself.
4. I go beyond my fears and limitations, I create/control my life.
5. I am the change I want to see.
6. I am at peace with all that has happened, is happening and will ever happen.
7. I wake up today with strength in my heart and clarity in my mind.
8. I radiate power, beauty and strength.
9. I am so happy and grateful for my life.
10. Happiness is a choice. I base my happiness on my own accomplishments and the blessings I’ve been given.
11. I am superior to negative thoughts and low actions.
12. I am the architect of my life; I build its foundation and choose its contents.
13. I feel joy and contentment in this moment right now.
14. I am unique. I feel good about being alive and being me.
15. Today, I abandon my old habits and take up new, more positive ones.
16. My confidence, self-esteem, and inner wisdom are increasing with each day.
17. I feel the love of those who are not physically around me.
18. I focus on breathing and grounding myself.
19. I may be one in 7 billion but I am also one in 7 billion.
20. I forgive myself for all the mistakes I have made.
21. I choose to find hopeful and optimistic ways to look at this.
22. I replace my anger with understanding and compassion.
23. All I need comes to me at the right time and place in my life.
24. I do not judge others, I only judge myself because I’m the only thing I can change.
25. Everything in this world is a part of me, from the person next to me, to the dog barking in the street, and even the things that have no life.
26. Happiness is a choice. I choose to be happy right now.
27. The world reflects the interiors of myself and projects them back at me.
28. The past has no power over me anymore.
29. I will turn my weaknesses into strengths.
30. I only judge myself for the contents of my heart and soul, I will never judge myself for what others see outside of me.