Not all green smoothies are created equal. Some are better than others, and a few of them will give you the extra boost in your health you are really looking for. Pay attention to the next key ingredients that will increase your health 10 fold.
Often refer as the King of All Vegetables, Kale is one of the healthiest vegetables in the world and you want to make sure its always between reach. It has one of the highest nutritional value per gram making it a must for ultimate health. It’s also very low in calories which is great if you are looking to lose some weight without risking nutritional deficiency. It is high in vitamins K, A, C and many more.
While not as well researched as other cruciferous vegetables like broccoli, kale is a food that you can count on for some unsurpassed health benefits, if for no other reason than its exceptional nutrient richness.
Health Benefits of Kale:
1. Big in Antioxidants
2. Anti-inflammatory nutrients
3. Glucosinolates and Cancer-Preventive Benefits
4. Cardiovascular Support
5. Support of the body’s detoxification
6. Very high in beta carotene
Cilantro is one of the best vegetables for the mind. There are few vegetables that can detoxify brain cells from heavy metals such as mercury and other toxins and cilantro is one of the best. It also has many other benefits. It is rich in vitamin K.
Health Benefits of Cilantro:
1. Control of Blood Sugar, Cholesterol and Free Radical Production
2. Exceptional phytonutrient content
3. Antibacterial Properties that might help subdue Salmonella
Spinach are one of the better tasting vegetables of the bunch and my favorite to eat plain specially in salads. Although Spinach leaves don’t look like something brought up by extraterrestrial beings as the other vegetables listed here, they certainly posses alien powers that will definitely give you superman like abilities, both mentally and physically.
Health Benefits of Spinach:
1. Anti-Inflammatory and Anti-Cancer Benefits
2. Antioxidant Benefits
3. Very rich in Vitamins K and A
4. Good source of the B vitamins riboflavin and vitamin B6, vitamin E, calcium, potassium and dietary fiber
This mushroom shape vegetable houses very powerful properties under its skin. It is very high on vitamin K and C as well as being rich in dietary fiber. Broccoli is a cruciferous vegetable meaning that will help prevent cancer.
Also recent studies suggest that broccoli provides you with some special cholesterol-lowering benefits if you steam it before eating it. The fiber-related components in broccoli bind together with bile acids in your digestive tract when they’ve been steamed which results in lowering your cholesterol levels.
Health Benefits of Broccoli:
1. Broccoli has a strong, positive impact on our body’s detoxification system
2. Has anti-cancer properties such as diindolylmethane and small amounts of selenium
3. Broccoli boosts DNA repair due to its abundant source of indole-3-carbinol a chemical that is produced by the breakdown of the glucosinolate glucobrassicin, which can be found at relatively high levels in cruciferous vegetables
4. Anti-Inflammatory Benefits
5. Antioxidant Benefits
6. Digestive Support
7. Cardiovascular Support
This is where the magic starts, very rich in fats, avocado makes the consistency of the juice a pleasure to drink. Without it the juice will be very watery and the texture might make you feel disgusted, stopping you from wanting to drink it ever again. It also adds a nice flavour to it. It’s also important to mention that in the presence of fats and oils, your body absorbs all other nutrients from the other vegetables better
Health Benefits of Avocados:
1. Anti-Inflammatory Benefits
2. Optimized Absorption of Carotenoids
3. Supports Cardiovascular Health
4. Promotes Blood Sugar Regulation
5. Anti-Cancer Benefits
6. Improves absorption of other nutrients
Believe it or not ginger is a vegetable which many people think is a fruit, and I cannot blame them for that since it’s really alien looking. I cannot tell you how many times ginger has saved my throat after spending the night in loud clubs, its insane the many benefits you can find in the most unusual things and this is no exception.
Health Benefits of Ginger:
1. Gastrointestinal Relief
2. Safe and Effective Relief of Nausea and Vomiting During Pregnancy
3. Anti-Inflammatory Effects
4. Protection against Colorectal Cancer
5. Ginger Induces Cell Death in Ovarian Cancer Cells
6. Immune Boosting Action
Adding extra fats will help your body absorb more nutrients. You can change coconut oil for any oil you like but I will recommend staying with either coconut oil or olive oil since they are scientifically proven to boost your health.
Health Benefits of Coconut Oil:
1. Antioxidant Benefits
2. Cardiovascular Benefits
3. Digestive Health Benefits
4. Bone Health Benefits
5. Cognitive Benefits
6. Anti-Cancer Benefits
When my mom and my sister were dying, in both occasion the doctors recommended them to start eating beets. Beets are very powerful and they are also potent. Start slow and build your intake gradually, don’t do it daily but do it at least once a week.
Health Benefits of Beets:
1. Antioxidant Benefits
2. Anti-Inflammatory Benefits
3. Support of Detoxification
4. Helps with blood production
Fruit of your choice to improve taste.
I love using bananas since they taste amazing but you can use the fruit of your choice, maybe even add some berries to increase the antioxidant benefits.
Add all this ingredients in your favorite blender, add water and you are done!
Few last words
Alright now that you know my secret formula, you are steps closer to archive the health of your dreams, both mentally, and physically. Hope this helps you in your journey and don’t be afraid to add or remove ingredients though is better if you add rather than take since this are the guardians of ultimate health.